Guide how to access VSS Shadow Copies / Previous Versions / Windows Backups.
1. Standard way – GUI
2. Symbolic link
- Start CMD as Administrator
- Run: vssadmin list shadows
- Choose the time and backup you want to access, and copy Shadow Copy Volume path
- Example: \\?\GLOBALROOT\Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy123
- Create symlink (remember to add backslash in the end of the path):
- C:\Windows\system32>mklink C:\ShadowCopy /d “\\?\GLOBALROOT\Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy123\”
- Now you can access your Shadow Copy in path C:\ShadowCopy
- Go to ShadowExplorer link and download portable version and run the program.
- Select the backup and file/folder and right click to Export. Backup will be saved in choosed location.